This is another meaningful collaboration to provide opportunity for students to recognise various Arab musical instruments and genres as well as to highlight the influence of Arab music in other cultures.
Students will be taught basic percussion techniques as they learn the significance of each rhythm and how it is used in different kinds of occasions.
- Students will learn the basic percussion techniques of dum, tak & tek, slapping and fingering on the drum frame
- Demos of various beats in different parts of arabia will be demonstrated
- Explain the significance of each rhythm & is to be used in different kinds of occasions or Religious/ Non- Religious related events
- The blending of each rhythm in genres
- Tempo Training
Duration of Programme
- Starting on 26 November 2016
- Saturdays, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- 4 sessions, 2 hours per session
- Once a week
- $150 (inclusive of materials fee)
Note: A minimum of 5 pax to materialise a class